I have been tagged by Candice from Kopah
I’m to share seven random/weird facts about myself, post the rules, and then tag seven other people.
My 7 random/weird facts about myself:
DISCLAIMER--- Your are about to learn things about me that you probably wish you didn’t know. Please don’t stop being my blog buddy after reading this. I’m not crazy. Just quirky.
1. I watch documentaries. I love them. Luckily my husband does too, but I’m telling you… movie night might seem a little boring at our place!! My most recently watched documentaries include:
*Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism—all about the Republican bias of Fox News
*Once in a Lifetime—about the soccer sensation of the New York Cosmos
*Deliver Us from Evil—about corruption and pedophilia inside the Catholic church
*Air Guitar Nation—about the Air Guitar Championships (really awesome!!)
*Slavery & the Making of America—nuff said
*The Corporation—about the rise of corporations and the impact they have on our lives
*Into the Arms of Strangers: Stories of the Kindertransport—about the kids escaping by underground railroad, during Hitler’s heyday.
*Grass—about marijuana prohibition in the US throughout history (this was my favorite)
*Jesus Camp—about the evangelical army of children and their way of life as they spread their fundamentalist views
*Soldiers in the Army of God—about pro-life extremist who call themselves “Army of God”
There are more…. My husband and I watch PBS all the time. All of the above were from Netflix, though.
2. I still have a little girlhood love for mermaids, fairies and fairy tales. I never out grew it! I collect mermaids, especially, but have a lot of fairy and frog prince stuff (mostly gifts from people who know me) I can’t help it, I just love it all!! I have always loved my name because it means, “maiden of the sea.”
--btw, this is a fabulous painting, isn't it? I will be blogging my friend and favorite artist, Brian Nishimoto soon!!
3. When it comes to keeping my house tidy—forget it. I am a total slob, as is my husband. But I am a bit OCD about kitchen cabinet doors. THEY HAVE TO BE CLOSED!!!
4. I don’t drive. I know I have mentioned it before in my blog, but it is a pretty serious issue with me. I was seeing a hypnotherapist last spring, but it didn’t work. I have my drivers license, but I have not driven a car in several years. Even then, I only drove around my town and never on a freeway. I would also never drive with my kids in the car. I have panic attacks.
All this said, the number one wish in my life is for me to get over my driving “issue.” I dream of driving every single day and think that my lack of driving is why I don’t have any friends in Texas. I mean how can I, when I don’t drive to playgroup, or anywhere else where I could potentially be social? If it wasn’t for the Etsy forums, I’d be a recluse!!
5. I have a passion for pirate history and lore. I know, you are thinking it isn’t unusual with the love for pirates that has taken over the world since Pirates of the Caribbean movies came out, but my passion is a little different. I have wanted to be a pirate historian for about 10 years and have sooooo many books and papers and research on pirates. In fact, the reason I chose Bath when I did my study abroad, was because it was located next to Bristol, which is where Blackbeard the pirate was born and raised (omg, that is insane, isn’t it?). I even noticed all of the pirate mistakes Disney made when filming the Pirates movies.
6. I am trying to go green. I guess not completely, since that is such a hard thing to do, but I am trying my best! Here are a few of the ways I have tried to reduce my waste.
*I have stopped using paper towels, and only use washcloths now. This is why I added washcloths to my shop, because I love them so much!! I used to go through a paper towel roll a week, but now it has been a few months without any!!
*I don’t use plastic bags when I go to the grocery store. I either use the back of my stroller, or a cloth sack.
7. If I could travel back in time to any period in history, I would choose Regency England. I love learning about this time period, and reading and watching Jane Austin. I have always loved this era, but I never appreciated it quite as much until I was living in Bath, where Jane Austin lived during the Regency era. So much of Bath is still from that era and it is just so beautiful!!
Great books to read if you are interested in this time period as well, include:
Okay, that is me.
Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
My 7 tags: Um… I need to add to this list as I meet new bloggers. I don’t really know a lot who have not already been tagged!!
2.)Amy-- Herbst Handmade