Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Playing the Fool


I will fall for anything.

Seriously, anything.

"Did you hear that they are removing the word 'gullible' from the dictionary?"

Yup, I fell for that. In fact I even argued that the word 'gullible' is still a frequently used word in the English language and the Oxford English Dictionary would never dream of making this word archaic.

Talk about gullible!

I'm not really that into April Fool's Day. I'd like to say it is because I am such a level headed person and trickery just isn't my thing... but that would be a huge lie, as I always wish I could come up with brilliant April Fool's Day jokes and not fall for a single one.

Hmmmm.... not this year. I've already been fooled. And as for trickery of my own... I guess there isn't a lot I can do. I did tell Gracie that she was adopted. And that Will was dying of a terminal illness. She just ignored me and asked me to play Barbies with her.

And I told Annelie that I put melted lard in her bottle instead of milk, but she just stared blankly at me and finished drinking it.

I'll have to get a little more creative next year. As for playing the fool -- well I'm sure I will always be hopeless!!

14 comments:

Anne said...

awww... now you're making me feel a little guilty! But just a little bit.

Unknown said...

LOL, and you know I was talking about your trickery, Casserole!! You meanie.

Carry Grace said...

I can't believe you told your kids those mean things!

Rosebud Collection said...

I fall for everything too..One year my husband went into girls room to wake them up for school..told them the circus and elephants were going by..they all jumped out of bed only to hear April fool..It was not the best way to start a morning..

Carry Grace said...

just kidding! lol

Waterrose said...

Ok..it's 3pm here and so far I have survived any April Fool's day foolery....I'm keeping a low profile today...LOL

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

I'm just as bad and believing people, even when it is far out. So easy to trick.
I don't think I could have to told my daughter her father was terminally ill, but likely I would get the same reaction.

New England Quilter said...

playing the fool = lots of character
:)

Oh Mandie said...

One year my horriable rotten husband told me that our dictionary must have been defective because "gullible" was in there twice.

Yeah... I went and got the dictionary and checked only to be greeted by a post it with April Fools written on it.

Unknown said...

hahahah thats hilarious what you told your children... thats what a mean older sister did to me ! hahah

their reactions were hilarious.

this day never works for me either

Marie said...

Hmmm...glad to know I'm not the only one. I fall for pretty much anything too. :)

Nichole said...

That is hilarious!!! Mmmm....a lovely bottle of lard!

Manda said...

haha...i'm bad about being gullible too. but i got through this april fools day without being embarassed! there's always next year....

p.s. hope you do'nt mind but i tagged you! of course you do'nt have to play along but it's kinda fun! see my latest post for more info!

The Downtown Boutique said...

Marisa, I am pretty gullible too. I'm so glad no one pulled any April Fool's jokes on me this year. I don't like them because I am so gullible!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...