Friday, May 15, 2009

Hey, Dog Breath!

Its my fault, of course. I should have listened to her.

"Mama, I want crackers, puhleeze?" she asked, oh so sweetly.

But I just continued making egg salad sandwiches and replied, "No, Annelie. Lunch is almost ready."

Normally I'm quick to hand out a little snack when my over-active, high-energy kids are hungry. After all, they need lots of fuel in order to power their little bodies to drive me crazy. But, as I was 2.5 seconds away from being done preparing lunch, I didn't think asking Annelie to hold out would be that big a deal.

Right.

Annelie: I want crackers, Mama!

Me: Annelie, it's not time for crackers. Go play. Lunch is almost ready.

Annelie: I want crackers! [stomps feet] NOW!

Me [getting impatient]: I said no. No means no.

Annelie: Crackers! I want it!

Me [eyes beginning to bulge out of skull]: Stop asking. I said no.

Annelie [as if dying]: Maaaaaamaaaaaaaa. Puhleeze, want crackers now! Puhhhhhleeeeeeeze...."

Me [bulging eyes twitching in charming yet psychotic way]: Get out of the kitchen. Right. Now.

With a mother like me, its no wonder my two year old needs to forage Chez Hopkins for some grub of her own. Because otherwise, she'd starve, right?

But if it is good enough for a four year old German Shepard/Malamute, then its good enough for a two year old starving child. Who, by the way, wouldn't even touch her lunch.

Me: [sigh]

Happy Friday!

xoxo,

14 comments:

Vintage Inspired Jewelry said...

cute story. thanks for sharing. happy Friday..Kathi

April said...

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW! I guess there's worse things she could eat right?

Cindys Creative Crochet said...

LOL! Kids! I don't think mine would eat the cat food (no dog) here. But I do happen to know that stickers will pass through their systems whole. And my cactus isn't poisonous. But a nutritious home made meal, EWWW! sigh.

Janna said...

Yuck! Ha ha ha ha! She is so cute, even with a mouth full of dog food!

Marjorie said...

Yuck! Yet, so funny!

Alyssa S. said...

Seriously...start the wedding planning now, because I think she and Merrick are destined for each other. He is constantly stealing Sissy's (our 13 year old Goldie's) Kibble. He even tries to steal her Milkbones. Daddy thinks it's funny to give him Milkbones to teethe on. The kid runs around with doggy biscuits in his mouth. I have to feed Sissy and then ban Merrick from the kitchen so she can eat a meal in peace. Payback though...she steals food from him too.

Unknown said...

you know... dog food aint that bad LOL
there are worse things out there
LOL

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Too funny! Write it down now for her scrapbook so you don't forget it. This is a classic to tell all her boyfriends when she turns "teeny"!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I am LMAO! Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

Don'tcha love being a mom? =P

Anonymous said...

very nutritious though! (oh, I actually remember what catfood tastes like)

Momma J said...

That is hysterical!

Leah said...

ewwwwwwwwww...........

Carry Grace said...

Yuck! Cade used to ask for dog food when he was that age. He loved it. We had to start putting the food up so he couldn't get to it.

Unknown said...

omg lmao thats too funny...whats even funnier than her eating the dog food is your description of your eyes buggin that cracked me up!

Shannon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...