Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Illustration Friday - Asleep

Let me just say, going 6 months without picking up a colored pencil is a CRIME. I didn't even know how much I missed the suckers until last weekend when I picked them up to work on a project for my friend's dissertation (which I shall share another day). Seriously, heaven. I love my pencils.

When I saw this week's prompt for Illustration Friday, I knew sweet Consuelo needed a colored illustration, not just the occasional sketch here and there.

Raise your hand if you can guess my inspiration picture for this one?

The fair Consuelo,
dreaming of her sand and sea-glass cottage by the sea.

By the way, I want to live in this cottage.

I have a companion piece that is going on my drawing board someday. Hopefully sooner than later. I don't want to go 6 months without picking up a pencil again!

Happy Tuesday, folks!

xoxo,

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marisa, what a lovely blog you have. Your artwork is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Jayne said...

I love it! And that cottage is amazimg, love your design. Definitely don't leave it as long to pick up your coloured pencils!

Cathy said...

creative as always!

beka said...

ohmygosh, i LOVE this.
there's just something about pencil art, ya know? crayon is almost as good, what from my distant memories of drawing ladies heads and dolphins. ;)

Alyssa S. said...

Beyootiful. I think what I've always loved most about your artwork is that you put just as much energy in the background as you do in the foreground. Oh and BTW, I discovered this amazing froggy mosaic this weekend and made sure I got pics of it just for you. I just need to download it off of my camera!

Kelly Warren said...

lovely! i love that little cottage too. consuela seems perfectly at home there!

Cheryl Coville said...

I hope you won't wait another 6 months. Your coloured pencil work is lovely.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Beth Anne Maresca said...

This is just beautiful! I love Consuela! She's a great character!

Laura Pauling said...

My drawings with colored pencils would be stick figures! Lovely drawing, Marisa!

Unknown said...

I so love your illustrations! I can't imagine going six months without writing anything. I think my head would explode. LOL!

get zapped said...

Wow! A magical sleep. I'm delighted you picked up all those colors. Kudos!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

I'm so impressed! I have no artistic ability whatsoever. What beauty!

w said...

the inspiration is me, right? i knew it. because it's lovely. absolutely lovely.

here i am!

Shayla said...

THE COLORS ARE SO MAGICAL!!!!

Lulu Grey said...

So awesome. I can't draw a straight line and I am totally in awe of talented artists! And my 3 year old daughter Bella just said " Mommmmy - princess frog!"

mshatch said...

I'm curious, what brand of colored pencils do you use? And yes, I love the cottage, too; it looks warm and dreamy :)

Unknown said...

Thank you all, so much! :)

Marcy - the brand I used for this illustration was Prismacolor. I blend the crud out of them with solvents and blender pencils to get that look. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...