Monday, July 23, 2012

Berry Picking!


We've been very, very busy lately, as berry season is in full swing and the forests here in Sweden are brimming with blueberries and wild strawberries. 


It's been rough, very rough, if you can imagine - waking up, walking outside to the forest in our backyard, blueberries bursting from every bush, strawberries hiding under every leaf.  





And what has all this back-breaking labor been for? 

I mean, is it even worth all our blue and red-stained fingers?

...

...


YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT. 

Also, I'm just going to add, this ice cream is made by the happiest cows in Sweden. Probably even the world. No really - they milk themselves when they're feeling up to it. Just hook themselves up to a milking machine and pick themselves up a little treat on the way out of the barn. Is that not the cutest thing?

And last, see those cookies up there? MOVE OVER, OREO, because Ballerina Marรคngsviss are the BEST SANDWICH COOKIES EVER. 


Take it from me, they even beat out Double Stuf Oreo's, which is saying a lot. I might never leave Sweden, just so I don't have to give up Ballerina cookies. 

Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far, folks! We leave in 8 days, which means this trip is flying by. I'm pretty sure I'll be going into shock when we leave summer in Sweden (normal climate) and enter summer in Texas (hell).

xoxo,

3 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

You know if you miss the berry picking you can always come to Houston and we can take you berry picking. I got nuttin on the Ballerina cookies though. Better stock up and send some home. I, for one, will be happy when you get home. I need someone to live the hell with me :)

Julie Dao said...

Okay, DROOL. That ice cream looks amazing with the berries!

beka said...

mmmm i love berries!
i miss picking them everywhere.... :)

i'm OD'ing on sugar tonight; that pic of the ice cream has me sooo done. heheh.


your girlies are cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...