Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Favorite Kind of Day!

Other than the part where these guys are all like, "Let's clean for Mom!" this is pretty much exactly how my Mother's Day morning went:



It was pretty spectacular.

I even got a pocket full of money from Gracie - I had her count it up, because counting money is not quite her strength yet.... when she discovered that she'd given me $3.79, she promptly said, "Oh I didn't meant to give you THAT," and took a dollar back.

But that's okay, because she made me a super awesome booklet, full of all sorts of information about me, such as my age (32), my weight (15 lbs lighter than she guessed), my favorite food (she claims it's fish tacos, but she might be projecting, as I know they're HER fave, and seriously, it's homemade Fettuccine Alfredo all the way), and the fact that I hope to publish nine book series very soon (Um?).

And then I baked myself a fancy chocolate cake!


And promptly covered it in chocolate frosting and chocolate chips because HELLO, CHOCOLATE. (also I need a powdered sugar sifter...)


Mmmmmmm.....

Also, there is a huge possibility that this cake is all I served for lunch....

Mothers out there - especially mine *waves* Hi, Mom! - HAPPY DAY! Hope it's been as grand for you, as it has been for me!

xoxo,

3 comments:

DancingMooney said...

What a sweet day Marisa, I love that your girls made you gifts, that's so cute... and that cake looks amazing!

Unknown said...

thanks, Janell! It was a delightfully tasty cake!

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

Girl, you need to start posting again! Love this one. That video was too funny. Kids are so silly, but it seems way sillier when you see the adults with the kids voices.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...