Wednesday, September 19, 2007

There's a Mouse in Our House!!

Two of them, actually.

They go by the names Elvis and Freddy. Yes, they are pets. Mice as pets.


I don't quite understand it.

But to give them some credit, they are absolutely adorable. And when they are sitting down, they are the tiniest little balls of fluff.

I bought them for Gracie last week (although they have since turned into my husband's pets, he loves them so much). We were walking home from Target (Yes, I have a Target within walking distance. Prime real estate, if you ask me. I can also walk to Hobby Lobby, Toys R Us, Half Price Books, about a million restaurants including Pei Wei, which is a diner style version of PF Changs and has the same Crab Wontons and Chicken Lettuce Wraps, a Neiman Marcus outlet store, Gracie's Gymboree play class and a dance studio where Gracie starts a Ballet/Tap/Gymnastics combo class next week!). Sweet.

Where was I?


Oh yes, we were walking home from Target and we passed an exotic pet store. I thought it would be fun to show Gracie and Annelie the animals. The store has a ferret, two hedgehogs, some sugar gliders, baby water turtles (as small as quarters!!!) , frogs, a pygmy opossum, tarantulas, halloween crabs, several anacondas and of course, feeder mice.


Somehow, I ended up leaving the store with a large hot pink delux state of the art mouse house with viewing room and running wheel, odor absorbing bedding, mouse food, a purple mouse ball, and a paper bag... with a mouse.

The mouse cost $1.75. Everything else... a bit more. But now we have Elvis. He really is
sweet and we all just adore him. We love him so much that, when we read that mice can get depressed without companions, we instantly ran out and bought him a friend. Freddy.

They are so cute. And, as a rule, I hate rodents, so that is saying a lot!

To honor the newest additions to our family, I would like to promote other Etsians who love their mice:

The first shop I would like to promote, grabbed my attention because the artist is also a children's book writer and illustrator. This profession is and has always been, my life long dream! In fact, I was already familiar with her book, Paisley before I even discovered Maggie Smith's Etsy shop, at www.maggierama.etsy.com. Here are Pearl and Mitsi, two darling little mice that are made from vintage cotton prints. They are perfect for mouse lovers big and small! Don't like mice, much? She has a whole shop filled with other woodland animals that are equally adorable.

This little ballerina mouse watercolor show below, can be found in the shop ChichiBoulie Boutique. This is an original watercolor painting and is bright and colorful and would look just adorable in a little girl's bedroom, don't you think? You can find other darling watercolors as well as greeting cards at www.chichiboulie.etsy.com Too sweet!

Enjoy these sweet and friendly mice!









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...