Sunday, November 11, 2007

Princess Keira's New Room


I finished the mural for Gracie's friend Keira, and I am so happy about how it turned out!! Poor Gracie and Annelie have institutional white walls here in our apartment (except for the very colorful areas in which Gracie has expressed her creativity with a pack of Crayolas and a sheet of stickers). I have been planning their bedroom for so long, in the hopes that someday we will have a house. We tend to move a lot, and sometimes, I don't think we will ever have a home of our own to decorate and paint!!!

In the meantime, I am getting it out in the bedrooms of Gracie's friends. Here are some pictures of Keira's new room. I figured between princesses, fairies, ballerinas, butterflies, flowers, pink and purple, Keira will be set for all of her future childhood interests. She is a very girly little two year old, so I think she will always love it.


I painted this 16 x 20 canvas for Keira's second birthday in May because she is completely obsessed with princesses. It is a shame I varnished it before taking pictures, so it is too shiny to see properly, but it is pretty cute and says, "Once upon a time in a land far away, there lived a beautiful girl named Princess Keira."

The flower fairy crown shown above covers the entire wall above Keira's crib. The afternoon sun shining through the bedroom windows made the photographs come out pretty awful so just note that the colors are a little nicer than shown. I love the metal princess sign Wendy (Keira's mom) bought for the wall and designed the crown around it.


Keira named this little fairy sitting next to her closet, "Princess Gracie." Wendy said Keira sat next to her and just smiled at her for several days because she was so happy to have a little fairy to look at. I love that! Sad that my pictures turned out blurry!


The top butterfly is next to the light switch by the bedroom door, and the little one is above Keira's tea party table.The flower garden is my favorite part. The lighting was so bad that I couldn't take a picture of the whole wall and the picture that is shown was before I finished it, but here are my favorite parts, especially the ballerina fairy. I filled the wall with flowers and leaves that are bigger than Keira, and added lady bugs, snails and a magical frog prince to keep her entertained! When she stands next to the wall, she looks like a little fairy inside an enchanted garden.

It think it really turned out sweet!!

6 comments:

Bev and Ollie "O" said...

ohh lovely, I would have loved a bedroom like that! I especially love the blue spotty flower x

Cathy said...

it looks just beautiful - hope your little ones don't get jealous :) I have two boys so i don't get to do all that girly stuff - I save it for my nieces :)

gorgeousredhead said...

omg that is sooo adorable! i can't wait to have a girl! lol

Amy Herbst said...

The room looks so sweet! ADORABLE! (BTW - I read your profile and meant to tell you I'm an SJSU alum too!) :)

Kim said...

What a lucky little lady!

Abby said...

You're amazing, Marisa!! What a blessed little girl :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...