Friday, October 3, 2008

Weekend at the Lake

In the few years, since my family made the move from California to Texas, we have celebrated the last weekend of September at the lake.

My Grampa's birthday, Mom's birthday, Aunt and Uncle's wedding anniversary and the end of the hot hot hot Texas summer all come around at the same time, and our family likes to celebrate them all with a bang.


Gracie and Annelie were in seventh heaven, surrounded by grandparents and cousins galore, all who think they are the two cutest kids on the planet and more than happy to cater to their every whim. Mix that with non-stop swimming at the lake, family fun on a pontoon boat, jet skis, and indulgent grandmas, and my girls pretty much had the best weekend of their lives.


My brother (he's the one in the blue vest), also known as Uncle Dan to his two most devoted and adoring neices, spent the whole weekend listening to Annelie shout, "Dan! Dan! Blaaah" with her tongue sticking out. Uncles just love that stuff.


And jet skis... oooooh, how I love jet skis! Funny how driving a car gives me serious panic attacks, but I'm always game to drive a jet ski. Love those things!

Now, our end-of-summer weekend is over and I'm a little tanner, a little fatter (mmmm... brunch at the yacht club never disappoints), and waaaaay tired from all the sun and commotion. Back to the daily grind in West Texas, nowhere near as awesome as the lake. But at least we have next year to look forward to!

Enjoy!

xoxo,

9 comments:

Giggleberry (Amy) said...

Looks like a great weekend away with family!!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Looks like a fabulous time! Did you know your cupcake is on the lollishops blog? (along with mine and amy's)

=) melanie

Janna said...

Wow! What a fun tradition! I think my family needs to start one like that. Your girls are adorable, as usual!

laura said...

some of my very best childhood memories are at the lake. my husband says i try to relive that time of my life like most people try to relive the best christmas of their lives. but that i try to make it every single day. yep, it's true i do!! love the pix!!

Marie said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun and the kids must have loved getting spoiled!

I think it's pretty funny that you won't drive, but you'll get on a jet ski! I've never been on one, would love to though!

Momma J said...

What fun!

Carry Grace said...

It looks like ya'll had a great time. Aww...the lake, I really miss our boat now.

Rosebud Collection said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and it looks that way too..It is so great to be around those you love and enjoy them..I tell you, these are the things that are so important and make the best of memories..

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

That looks like a fabulous time!!! Your family always seems to have so much fun!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...