Monday, February 8, 2010

Outta the Mouths of Babes

Fellow blogger Wendiwinn does Sunday Snippets each week, and they always crack me up... so this is my copy-cat post. Only, instead of doing it on Sunday, I'm behind in life again, and now its late Monday evening.

Hey, at least I have the date right... sometimes I find that a whole week has gone by and I've missed it.

--------

Setting: Kitchen

Me: Gracie, do you want some milk?

Gracie: Ooooh, yes please! Is is hot chocolate?

Me: ???

- time lapse: 2 minutes -

Gracie: Can I dunk my cookies in my milk?

Me: You don't have any cookies.

Gracie: Can I have some, then?

--------

Setting: My Studio

Me [to Gracie]: I don't want to hear any tattling or complaining.

Gracie: You don't want me to do any cleaning?

--------

Setting: Me - in my studio, Annelie - in the kitchen, eating a banana

Annelie: Banana! Come back!

Me: ??

Annelie's Banana (as played by Annelie): I can't! I'm stuck inside Annelie's mouth!

--------

Setting: Me - in my studio, Annelie - in the kitchen

Annelie: AYUDAME! Can anyone help me? The cookies are eating me!

--------

Okay, that's all for now. Happy Monday.

xoxo,

13 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

That was a pleasant read!

w said...

hahaahah! ayudame! i have no cookies in my house!

ummm... monday minutes?

Erica said...

how cute! My little one isn't really talking yet.

Alyssa S. said...

HA! I totally laughed out loud about the cookies...well and the banana one too. What kind of steroids are in your food that they are talking to people???

(disorder) said...

That was good giggle - thanks, I needed that!

Unknown said...

LOL! Your kids crack me up! I especially love the one about the cookies - "then can I have some?" That totally sounds like something one of my kids would say.

Kelly Polark said...

Too cute! Love the nonsensical sayings of little ones!

KJ said...

You should make this one a regular feature. I love cute things kids say.

My favorites were the cookies one and is the milk hot chocolate.

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Your girls are just too cute, and don't they say the darndest things!

:D

Jonathon Arntson said...

Kelly! We have a common bloggy friend! Yay.

Heather Kelly said...

Marisa--I'm here visiting from Jon's blog, and I loved this little glimpse of your day. And, I read through your post about when your little one gave your 3-year-old a black eye. Ouch. But, I'm always a bit relieved when my kids aren't the only kids being kids out there. I have some friends whose little girls seem perfectly behaved. My house is happily chaotic.

So, thanks for letting me know that I am not alone!

jingle said...

what beautiful laughter,
neat post!

Janna said...

Ha ha ha!! Your kids crack me up! The cookie one reminds me of a friend whose 4 yr old wouldn't stay in bed one evening. He threatened to spank him if he had to come in his bedroom to put him back in bed again. The little boy said, "Daddy, when you come back to spank me, will you bring me some water? I'm thirsty!"

Ayudame! That one cracks me up because you just posted about what crap Dora is. And the banana one! Hilarious!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...