Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Happy Birthday to the Baby

There's a slight possibility that last night I had one of those nervous breakdown cry fests brought on by the fact that this tiny little chocolate-covered mouse is officially FIVE-YEARS-OLD.

I mean, that's practically a teenager - or at least that's how it feels to me, knowing just how quickly the last several years have flown.

It doesn't feel like I've been blogging about my kiddos for very long, but when I look back at the first handful of posts, like the one where the above picture came from - when Annelie, only a couple months old, had her first taste of chocolate (and clearly enjoyed it) - yeah, those sappy mom tears come a-gushing.

Today Annelie woke up, saw her room full of balloons (a Hopkins family tradition) and couldn't fly out of bed fast enough. Where was she headed? Why, over to the measuring wall so she could see just how much taller 5-years-old is from yesterday's 4-years-old, of course.

Turns out, 5-years-old is at least a centimeter taller - but that might be because Gracie is the one who does the measuring.

Happy birthday, to my baby! I'm definitely looking forward to the entertainment she has in store for me in the years to come!

xoxo,

10 comments:

SewSweetStitches said...

OH no oh noooo here it comes... ~sniffle~ I feel an ugly cry coming on.
We don't celebrate birthdays, but I hear ya. Carly is only four days younger than Annelie. And you're perfectly right, five years old is practically a teenager.
For a long time I clung to the title "Baby" even when she was obviously a toddler. And it's taken a good two years for me to stop calling her a toddler. Is five even a LITTLE girl anymore? Is it officially just GIRL?? The way things are going, your next post is going to be her wedding pictures!
*SOB*

Kelly Polark said...

Happy Birthday to your baby! I hope she has a fabulous day!! (my baby is seven. and my oldest will be in hs in a year and a half. Ahhhh!)
We have a measuring wall too!!

Meeling said...

Happy Birthday to your little one!

I LOVE the room filled with balloons...what a great tradition!!

And yes they do grow fast but it's a fun journey at any age. :-)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your littlest girl :)

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Sweet. Yes, happy birthday!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful birthday, Annelie!

KJ said...

Since I am to the day 7 times older than Annelie...I proclaim that she is still very much a baby!!

Happy birthday, Annelie!

Laura Pauling said...

The teen years are right around the corner but honestly - my daughter is just 13 but I can already tell it's so nice to have this different kind of relationship!

DancingMooney said...

Gosh they grow up fast! Happy birthday little one!

Pretty Things said...

Zack turned nine on Jan 10 and I have no idea where the time went!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...