Monday, April 16, 2012

Hearting Being Elmo

So, it might just be a weepy time o' the month for me, or something, but lately every happy thing I watch has me crying. Sometimes sobbing. It's a little silly. Especially when what I'm watching is a documentary on everyone's favorite furry and red, preschool-aged monster.

Being Elmo. Have you seen this documentary yet? SO GREAT.

I wasn't a particularly huge Elmo fan back in the day. Ernie and Bert have my heart ALL THE WAY. My kids were never Elmo fans, either. In fact, they never even liked Sesame Street, preferring a certain purple dinosaur to Jim Henson's amazing muppety monsters (Seriously, what is wrong with my kids? I just don't know)

But it doesn't matter if you love adorable furry puppets or not, this movie is such an awesome, inspiring story of someone with a creative dream making it happen ( I'm talking about the puppeteer, here, not the puppet - if you want an inspiring Elmo movie, try CinderElmo - with the help of his Fairy Godperson, his dreams come true, too).

That's pretty much all I have to say on the subject, other than if you haven't seen Being Elmo, you should.

How about you folks? Seen anything amazing lately?

xoxo,

3 comments:

Laura Pauling said...

I haven't seen this but I bet it would be fascinating. I get so nostalgic when it comes to Sesame Street.

Meeling said...

My son & watched that a couple weeks back!! Sooooo good. I absolutely loved the story.

SeeJennRead said...

I got sucked into watching that on PBS last weekend lol...it was so good! I grew up with Sesame Street so it was really neat to see the behind the scenes stuff. My favorite were the drawers full of eyes and mustaches and stuff. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...