Sunday, April 6, 2008

Daddy Roller Coasters

Daddy is better than Disneyland.

The wild swirling, twirling up in the sky, twisting all around and turning until sick types of play is what makes Will the best daddy in the world in the eyes of Gracie and Annelie.

Practical and precautious me usually freaks out and hovers around, shouting, "Watch her head,"

"She just finished eating! Don't make her sick!"

"She's too high, she'll get scared!"

But of course, Will just ignores me and swings her higher.

Do the girls mind? Not one bit.

And when I see the fun, the laughter, the big eyes wide with excitement only Daddy can create, I have to turn a blind eye to the messy-looking laundry pile (clean, of course) and the laundry basket now filled with two wildly laughing little girls.

Yes, I hope Will is going to put the laundry back in the basket when they are done playing (or better yet, help me fold it and put it away).

Of course I know that he wont (guys just don't seem to think like that, do they?).

Sometimes, you just gotta ignore the mess and enjoy the laughter because, while dance parties, tea parties and cookie baking belong to me, rough-housing, rugby, and roller coasters are all for Daddy.

And that is what makes Daddy so special.

17 comments:

Heather said...

Oh how cute are your girls??!! The laughs that are caused by daddy are just super sweet aren't they?

BlenderBach said...

these photos are adorable! Reminds me of being little with my sister. :)

Rosebud Collection said...

What a cute blog..Isn't it funny with children, sometimes they like the flying around in the air.

Simply Sentimental said...

Your children are BEAUTIFUL..they do look like they are having fun, but I would SO be the same way you are....My hubby always says I suck the FUN out of everything..>LOL

Melissa Aubrey said...

So sweet! They'll love seeing those pictures when they're older and remember how much fun they had!

New England Quilter said...

OMG this is the cutest post ever!! What a fun daddy!!

Annie Howes said...

That's adorable! My husband did that with our daughter, too, with the laundry basket. At 9 years old, she doesn't fit anymore!

annie
http://anniehoweskeepsakes.blogspot.com

Janna said...

Your girls are so adorable! Their fun with Daddy reminds me of how my DH plays with my boys. I have to look away!

Carry Grace said...

How fun! We play in the laundry baskets here too!

Anonymous said...

How cute your girls are! I remember those days of panic when the kids were getting tossed around by daddy. When they got older the wrestling started and I had to worry about the kids and my glass coffee and end tables!

Tori said...

So fun. I'm glad you're able to enjoy your husband's antics and not get upset about the upended laundry! :)

able mabel said...

My husband does that too! The kids absolutely love it! They'll remember that for years to come.

Oh Mandie said...

You girls have perfectly pinchable cheeks!

And 2 of the cutest smiles ever if I dont say so myself :-)

XUE said...

This post & these pics made me smile. So funny how the fathers all do the same things & the mothers all say the same things! We had those days too but now they're 7 & 10 yrs old & we have bad backs!

Karen Erickson said...

Ah your girls are so precious. My husband still whirls youngest around and he's 3 1/2! His big ol' body being tossed around and I'm still like, "Watch out!" LOL

Anne said...

This reminds me so much of my husband and my daughter playing together.

Moments like these priceless! Enjoy them - the laundry can always wait. And if not, there's always Wal-Mart for clean undies...

Anonymous said...

What an adorable post! I'm serious! This one is soo darn cute!! :) You are a blessed girl!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...