Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Illustration Friday: Canned

Canned Tuna = A-Okay
Canned Mermaid....

Okay, I wont even go there. Sorry for the unpleasant visual.

I wanted to come up with an illustration to fit in with this weeks Illustration Friday topic of "Canned," but I have to say that I've been a bit uninspired lately.

Gracie had drawn this gorgeous mermaid, and I couldn't wait to color her in, so I decided that maybe, just maybe I could tie her in with the IF theme for the week. Did I fail miserably? Yeah, probably. But I'm pretty happy with the final result of the mermaid, though!

Its no secret that Gracie loves mermaids. This ratty little mermaid doll, which I got for her from the Dollar Tree about a year ago (and is amazingly still intact, minus her tail fin which was bitten off by a shark) is to date, Gracie's favorite toy. This mermaid goes just about everywhere with my hot-pink cheerleading skirt wearing three year old.

And a scene like the one in the picture above, where Gracie is wearing her dress up clothes and twirling around the living room with her mermaid, is a very common scene in our household.

My mermaid-loving, cheerleader sure is cute, if I do say so myself.

And our mermaid illustration is now up in our collaborative shop, Tootsie and Grace.

Enjoy!
xoxo,

18 comments:

Needlesville, N.Y. said...

Very cute!

Carry Grace said...

awww... I love the mermaid! Gracie is such a cutie!

Novita said...

The mermaid is so cute...I bet Ariel will be a bit jealous with her LOL

kim* said...

aw-- that's is sweet to color it in.

Cathy said...

Gracie looks very cute in her hot pink sparkly cheerleading outfit! Go Gracie! And go the mermaids! xxx

New England Quilter said...

I had a "My Little Mermaid" growing up and loved her! Gracie is getting prettier everyday!

Bella Sinclair said...

Gracie is how old? Three? and she drew this? Wow! She has her mom's artistic talent genes, for sure! I love your collaborative works. The colors are brilliant. What a gem of a piece!

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

Gracie is so cute. I love the mermaid picture and that cute little cheerleading outfit. What a cute little girly girl.

Sandra Evertson said...

Two Beautiful little mermaids!
Sandra

SaiSai said...

Very nice, though I am very bothered by the idea of canned mermaid :)
It's a lovely coordinated effort!

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

She is just too adorable! :)

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

Oh yeah...I cannot believe she drew that!!!

Rosebud Collection said...

Gracie is so darn cute..Love the drawing..Mermaids are so neat and what a nice one Gracie made..

Carry Grace said...

I'm glad to see that are still reading my blog. I always enjoy your comments. The Marvin thing was pretty bad, I almost didn't put that one, but it's true.

Anne said...

awww... what sweet little mermaids! The little cheerleader mermaid, and the one she drew...

Lisa Rivas said...

Lovely little mermaids, all of them!

Marie said...

Gracie sure is adorable and so is the mermaid drawing!

Morgan said...

I love the art work you do with your daughter. I should give that a try. My youngest is sick today so I am going to go play nurse. Love the blog I will stop by often!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...