Friday, January 25, 2013

A Freebie for Friday

Remember the mermaid illustration from yesterday's blog post? Well, I said I painted her for a purpose, and that purpose happens to be the birthday invitations of a certain soon-to-be-6-year-old in our household.

SIX YEARS OLD!!

Man, I am never going to get used to my kids getting older each year.

Anyway, last week Annelie decided she wanted a mermaid-themed birthday party... then she told me who she was inviting from her class, and her list was mostly boys.

"Why don't you have your party be a mermaid AND pirate party?" I suggested. She was all for it, and instantly crossed another girl off her invite list in favor of a boy who "just loves pirates so much." 

Well, I just love pirates so much, too, and mermaids. And since I couldn't find any pirate/mermaid invitations I liked, I whipped out the watercolors and made one that I thought would be especially fun with singed edges (I love singeing edges).

So, since it's Friday, and Fridays are some of the best days of the year, here is a little freebie for the pirate and mermaid lovers out there who might want invitations to print from home. Or for the journalers out there, or the peeps who might want some print-it-yerself stationary.
And if you'd rather print yourself a finished invitation and fill the blanks in by hand, here you go:
And I'm sure you already know this, but for those who don't: These images belong to me, and are for personal use only! You are welcome to print, use, and share with friends, however, please DO NOT print with the intent to sell, or alter and claim as your own. Thank you!

Have a great weekend, folks!

xoxo,

3 comments:

Jenn said...

TOTAL cuteness!!

Kathy said...

Happy early birthday to Miss Annelie! The invitations are super cute and I have to ask...what is that first font (the ahoy one)? I've got a pirate themed bathroom print set in the pipeline (which basically means I've had it done for months but don't feel it's 1000% perfect yet/haven't finalized the colors/so it hasn't seen the light of day) and I NEED THAT FONT.

Unknown said...

Jenn - thank you!! :)

Kathy - OH, I meant to post the fonts. THANK YOU for reminding me.

The top one is WINDLASS and the bottom font is DELITSCH ANTIQUA

and I got them here: http://moorstation.org/typoasis/pirates/index.htm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...