Friday, May 1, 2009

ElegantSnobbery.com (and some Winners!)

Exciting news! I am now the proud owner of ElegantSnobbery.com. Yeah that's right - I've put on my big girl pants and bought myself a domain.

The other day, the lovely Amanda of OhMandie stepped my computer-illiterate self through the process of it all (thanks, Amanda!) and it feels pretty darned good.

Its been really frustrating, trying to get my shop out there for the people who haven't discovered Etsy yet. I find that the majority of the people who I give my business cards out to, lose them and ask for more because they can't remember my shop address. Word of mouth isn't helping my business much either, as most people forget the '.etsy.com' part of my shop address and come up with nothing. So many times I've heard from friends and family, "I looked up your shop, but it said the address couldn't be found. I didn't know you had closed it down!"

And my heart always sinks a little because I know that they just forgot the '.etsy.com' part.

Well no longer, folks! When you want to share the shop of a certain illustrator of prints for kids and the kids at heart with everyone you know (and I'm talking about myself here, just in case you aren't sure - hint hint, wink wink), you don't have to worry about remembering the '.etsy.com' part of the web address. HURRAY!

I had my new web address forwarded to a blogger page. Its pretty simple to set up, as blogger is really familiar and easy to use - not to mention I don't know the first thing about setting up a real website. But it links to my blog and links to my shops, and I think it will be a nice stepping stone into my illustration world for those who don't yet know about Etsy.

Hip hip hurray!

and more news, I have winners of my Winklepots hair bow/ Elegant Paperie goodies giveaway! Congrats to AlyGator and Rocket Girl! I'll be getting these out to you as soon as possible.

Enjoy!
xoxo,

7 comments:

Alyssa S. said...

I'm so excited, I think I might piddle...it's OK...I have some newspaper on the floor. I'll be stalking the mailman until the bow arrives. Between you and me...I think I might fight Amelia over who gets to wear it! Just when I thought I'd never win a giveaway :)

WWWWWOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOO on the official dot com. I will envy you from afar...hee hee.

April said...

I so wanna do that, but I think I need to get more crap together first!!! Congrats to you! I WILL be asking for a lesson when I'm ready!!!

shiborigirl said...

Whoot! Congrats on the new domain, big girl pants and all. Good luck and hope you get lots of traffic...

Kate

esque said...

Congrats on your own domain! I have yet to make that jump, but I am too scaredy-cat!

Parallax said...

Horray and congratulations!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

WOOT WOOT!! Congrats on the dot com! Looks fabulous! I was thinking the same thing when I read mandy's post the other day. Someday...

Oh Mandie said...

yay!!! It looks awesome too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...