Monday, March 21, 2011

Changing My Tune

Funny how only a few short months ago (or seven months - but they were short) I was crying over the fact that my little teeny tiny baby was off to kindergarten and what in the world would I do without her each and every day before 3pm and I'm going to MISS her and wah wah wah!

I'm sure some of my seasoned mom friends were snickering.

Well, I have changed my tune, that's for sure. Gracie just had her very first spring break and while I love my kiddo to bits, I was counting down the days until the school bus would come, like a knight in shining armor (MY knight in shining armor, not hers), and whisk her off back to school.
One entire week and this here moment was probably the only 3.5 seconds that my girls weren't at each others throats, kicking, screaming, fighting...

Why - WHY?! - does summer vacation have to be THREE months long!?!

I'm pretty sure I will go insane. Thank goodness for summer camp. And I wonder if age 6 is too young for sleep-a-way camp...

Good luck to all you mamas who have kiddos home with you for spring break! I hope you will survive the week with your sanity intact!

xoxo,


8 comments:

Meeling said...

Lol...cute post. I remember those days well. ow my boys are older and they get along really well, so Spring break is actually fun. We still have yet to have ours out here in Cali...it's late this year.

Summer Break on the other hand is loooooooooong...even when they do get along.

Happy Monday!

Laura Pauling said...

Isn't it amazing how our perspective changes after they are actually in school? I've come to appreciate when they are in school and appreciate when they are home. :)

Heather Kelly said...

I was lost when my oldest went to school. I am counting the days until my youngest goes. However, I LOVE summer break. I love having no where to go, nothing to do, plunking down at the beach and building a sandcastle... Ah, summer. :) Although, I am so happy, too when it is over. There is a season for everything!!

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Thanks for the luck. Glad you made it through! But no anticipating summer yet! Just write, write, write.

Oh Mandie said...

The only good thing about having so many snow days here in the winter is that 95% of our Spring Break is usually made making them up.

I feel your pain!

Unknown said...

I tell ya, summer breaks SCARE me! The only good part is no homework. Okay, so maybe hanging out with the kids by the pool is fun, too. And eating lots of Popsicles. But the constant fighting? Ugh.

Alyssa S. said...

Ah the perks of private kindergarten...while their teacher had the week off, the center still had plenty of stuff planned for the school aged kids to do. They went to Incredible Pizza (like Chuck E Cheese only better), went out to a park and on Friday, they all went to see the movie Rango. Still, it looks like the Hopkins girlies had a good time bonding with Mom :)

Julie Dao said...

Your girls are adorable! :) I don't have kids yet myself, but I can tell you right now that my mom experienced the same thing when my last brother went to college. She was sad at first, but now, whenever the three of us come home and make a ton of noise and she has to take care of us, she looks forward to the day we all get back to our "grown-up" lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...